The PEI Fall Flavours Festival
- Concept Development
- Event Management, including project timelines for many diverse events, creating a five-week calendar of events, and onsite execution.
- Financial Management
- Ticket Management and reconciliation
- Industry Partner and Stakeholder Engagement
- Marketing Campaign Management
- Social Media Management
tastes, the people, and the places of Canada’s Food Island. VMG has managed the Festival for almost ten years, starting in 2011. The Festival began as a ten-day event in Charlottetown and has grown into a five-week, award-winning event, featuring over 80 events Island-wide.
As event manager, VMG works closely with many different stakeholders, including Tourism PEI, ACOA, Regional Tourism Associations, restaurants, culinary experiences, sponsors, and private event managers. VMG provides advice and consultation to events as it relates to operations, budgets, and risk management. In 2019, VMG navigated several events through contingency planning for Hurricane Dorian and created a 2020 contingency plan due to COVID-19.
Fall Flavours remains committed to being known in North America for Prince Edward Island’s indigenous food and food experiences.
- The Festival now attracts over 16,000 visitors during September, of which 55% is off-Island.
- In 2020, the World Food Tourism Association awarded Fall Flavours a Food Trekking Award for the most innovative Culinary Tourism Pivot for Destinations.
- The Festival was the recipient of the 2019 Culinary Award presented by Canada’s TourismIndustry Association (TIAC).
- The Food Festival Community of Interest Project resulted in a Total Earned Media Value(EMV) of $201,477.11.
- Attendee surveys rate the Fall Flavours very high in terms of quality and experience. In 2019, attendees scored the Festival an average of 4.58 out of 5.